Family-Based Petition

Immigration Law

Family-Based Petition

To establish lawful status in the United States under a family-based visa, a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident will have to file a family-based petition for their incoming family member. Spouses, parents, children, and siblings can qualify, but family-based visas are not guaranteed and can be challenging to obtain. 

Rivas & Associates specializes in family-based petitions. We can help you determine whether your family member will qualify for a visa and guide you through the petition process.

Special Immigrant Juveniles

Some of the most vulnerable members of our population are immigrant juveniles who have been abandoned, neglected, or abused. Unfortunately, these individuals face an uphill battle when obtaining legal status, but Rivas & Associates is dedicated to helping obtain legal status and forge a new life in Tulsa.

To qualify for special immigrant juvenile status, we will have to prove that reunification with one or both parents is not viable due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment; and that it is not in the child’s best interest to return to their home country or the home country of their parents. This can be challenging to prove, but the experienced team at Rivas & Associates can make it happen.

Fiancé Visas

A fiancé or K-1 visa is available to non-US citizens engaged to or intend to marry US citizens. This Visa allows non-US citizens to come to the US before their marriage to begin establishing a life with their partner. Applicants for a fiancé visa must meet certain criteria, and Rivas & Associates can help couples navigate these requirements.

Call Rivas & Associates today for all of your family immigration needs!

Get in touch

To discuss the Family-Based Petition process and other alternatives with an experienced immigration lawyer from the Rivas & Associates, feel free to contact us by email or call us at 918 505 4870.
Skip to content Book a Call